Saturday, June 9, 2012

Loooozyana

Brandon, Rev, and I got back last week from our bi-annual (or possibly tri-annual) trip to Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Zachary, Central, and New Orleans, Louisiana. When we first planned out when exactly we would be where, it started to feel like we were touring up and down I-10. We were exhausted just thinking about it. But, of course, it was wonderful. I feel like I say it every time, but it feels like our trips back home keep getting better and better. Brandon and I are both so fortunate that (aside from my sis and her fam) we have all of our family within 2 hours of each other. And even though we can only visit with each part of our families for a couple days at a time, it's still so good to be home with them. We're also blessed to have a core group of friends that we can just pick up where we left off and have so much fun together. I'm so glad it worked out to get some great hangouts and quality time in with our Louisiana best friends. We swam, played Quelf (ridiculously fun board game), caught up on life, laughed a whole lot, and of course ate a whole whole lot (including, but not limited to... boiled crawfish x 2, Counter Culture's Humphrey Yogart x 2, New York Bagel, snowballs, Ichiban sushi, crawfish etouffee x 2, homemade lasagna, etc. etc.)

We dubbed this trip "Baby-apocalypse" because that seems to be the theme these days in south Louisiana. It was extra special because I got to FINALLY meet my new nephew, Charles Thomas III or "Tripp", and one of my best friend Jenny's baby, Judah. Thankfully they were only a few weeks old, otherwise it would've killed me to have to wait longer to meet them. Baby Tripp was sooo snuggly and made the funniest old man faces. I can't wait to love on him more at our family beach trip in July! Baby Judah was so alert and active, and it was quite surreal to see my best friend as a momma. Both Jenny and Lindsay are naturals! I also got the privilege of going to an ultrasound for another one of my best friends, Sarah. It's such a amazing miracle to see that precious baby boy flipping and turning in Sarah's belly. I'll be learning from the best when my turn comes!

Of course I didn't take a lot of pictures with my real camera (why does that always happen?!), but here's a couple...
 Baby Judah with his girls...he's a little outnumbered.

I told you Judah was alert!

 Baby Tripp and Uncle B...melt my ever-lovin' heart.

Tripp with his favorite aunt and uncle (He told me so.)

1 comment:

  1. that's only because he hasn't had me to spoil him yet. enjoy being favorite for the next 3 weeks. ;)

    ReplyDelete