Sunday, January 2, 2011

Holiday Highlights

Well, we're back from our 2-week visit to Louisiana for Christmas and New Year's. It's bittersweet to be back in Nashville because it was quite possibly one of the best holidays Brandon and I have spent together since we've been married (I know that's a lot). We were blessed to spend good quality time with our closest family and friends...if only the Owens family could've been there too! I honestly wasn't sure how we were going to make it all work at first, but it turned out to not be as hectic as expected, and I just relished in every moment I got to spend with the ones we love the most. On our 9 hour drive yesterday, Brandon and I recapped the 2 weeks into the following highlights. I hope you had a great holiday as well!
  • Surprising everyone at The Ring
  • Brandon getting to play at church
  • Dee-lish-us Louisiana food, including (but not limited to) Cane's, New York Bagel, Chimes, Ichiban, boiled crawfish, Counter Culture, beignets, Judice Inn, Squeal BBQ, and of course Momma & Mrs. Pam's good home cookin'! You people should be ashamed of yourselves if you're not taking advantage of this LA food :)
  • Visiting my old school, Oak Grove Primary
  • Brandon's reunion lunch with the Fat Rocker guys
  • Girls shopping day with Amber and Mrs. Pam
  • One-on-one time with my closest girlfriends
  • Celebrating birthdays with Kendyl, baby Matthew, and baby Sullivan
  • Hays family Christmas
  • Brandon having a classic G & J milkshake
  • Mini road trip to Lafayette to surprise my mom at Trinity on Christmas Eve
  • Low key Christmas Day, including a double date with Mr. and Mrs. Viper to see "Tangled"
  • Quality time with my mom in Lafayette cooking and playing Bananagrams
  • Elite girls night while B and my mom went on a date to see "True Grit"
  • Seeing my brother's newly renovated house and hanging out with him, Lindsay, and my dad
  • Brother/sister impromptu bike ride in Charles's neighborhood
  • Taking a classic trolley ride along St. Charles to dinner
  • Not sleeping that night because of the "drama" outside
  • New Year's Eve tradition at Cody & Brittany's with our closest friends, complete with an amazing remote controlled detonated fireworks show!

2 comments:

  1. wow. i'm really glad you didn't die at the fireworks party. you. are. crazy.

    so glad yall had so much fun! next adventure: p-town! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this list thing really works for you--love it!

    i also took a couple pics from facebook for my latest post when you posted them--hope you don't mind :)

    love and miss you already!!

    ReplyDelete